"Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley + Foolish Mix, Friday, April 1, 2022

I could have announced that today there would be some awesome secret song of the day, but rather than announcing what it was, I'd make you click a link to a YouTube video, and ultimately you'd be Rickrolled, but I thought that wouldn't quite work for my playlist format for my April Mix. Instead, I decided to present an additional playlist celebrating the whimsical day that is April Fools. I chose meme-able songs, some quirky tunes, and a few songs about being hurt by lying. I realized when I was preparing this list that I often take my playlist quite seriously and my song choice leaves little room for comedy. So today, let's have a light-hearted day. Enjoy this kitsch offering a happy  April Fools! 
 


Tracklist:

1. "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, today's song.
2. "This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us" by Sparks. I Discovered this song on Song Exploder. What a great Queen contemporary.
3. "Big Enough" by Kirin J. Callinan ft. Alex Cameron, Molly Lewis & Jimmy Barnes
4. “Can’t Hug Every Cat” by The Gregory Brothers ft. Cara Hartmann
5. “Whatever You Like” by Weird Al
6. “Careless Bork” by Arf a ridiculous YouTube meme.
7. “Blinding Lights” Cat Cover 
9. “Somebody That I Used to Know” (Bardcore Version) by Hildegard von Bingin’
10. “What a Fool Believes” by The Doobie Brothers
11. “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” by The Darkness
12. “Prejudice” by Tim Minchin …umm…yeah
13. “ Kountry Gentleman” by Family Force 5. By no means good, but a nostalgic laugh?
14. “Don’t Fear the Reaper” SNL sketch
15. “Bicycle Race” by Queen. Finishing the list is the queen of avant-garde rock!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry (reworked post), Tuesday, February 27, 2024

“A Voice in the Violence” by Wolves at the Gate, Tuesday, May 14, 2024

"My Secrets Have Secrets Too" by Search the City, Sunday, August 1, 2021