“I Like U” by Tove Lo + Saturday Night Mix, Saturday, July 29, 2023

Many of the songs on Tove Lo's Dirt Femme are inspiring songs that pack a lot of meaning into a 3-minute pop song. Whether it's feminism, sexual liberation/ inhibition, relationship dynamics, eating disorders, Dirt Femme is certainly not the stereotypica shallow pop record. In May, Tove released a post-album single, "I Like U," that was in many ways the opposite of the record. However, the single will be included on an upcoming reissue of Dirt Femme. 

I RUN INTO YOU EVERYWHERE. I heard "I Like U" in May or June. I think Tove has every right to make whatever music she wants to. She gave us an incredible issue-heavy record, so a playful song about a longing for a taken individual is certainly warranted. It's just there isn't much to talk about other than this song is a bop and that it's a nice club song. So, being an un-hip, non-club goer, I thought I'd make a soundtrack for Saturday nights. Here it is:


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Photograph" Ed Sheeran, Saturday, February 3, 2024 (updated repost)

“Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry (reworked post), Tuesday, February 27, 2024

"All of Me Wants All of You" (Helado Negro Remix) by Sufjan Stevens, Sunday, February 27, 2022