“Rewind” by The Amazing, Sunday, January 21, 2024

 

The Amazing is an Indie progressive rock band from Sweden. My dad told me about them, comparing them to the much more popular band The War on Drugs. The band released their first record in 2009 and after a five-year hiatus, The Amazing released three singles last year. Today’s song, “Rewind,” comes from their 2018 record, In Transit. Filled with long, jam tracks and atmosphere-building guitars, the record is a relaxing record for background music suitable for reading a novel on a winter afternoon. I couldn’t find the lyrics for “Rewind” online, so I had to transcribe them on Genius. I would appreciate any corrections. The song seems to be about remembering a lover who is no longer with the speaker, and with the guitars, it seems that the memory gives the speaker fond memories. Today, we’re going to extend that warm feeling with Winter, Part II, a playlist for the second half of the winter from January to March. I hope that these songs help you through the dreariest months.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry (reworked post), Tuesday, February 27, 2024

“A Voice in the Violence” by Wolves at the Gate, Tuesday, May 14, 2024

"My Secrets Have Secrets Too" by Search the City, Sunday, August 1, 2021