"Video Game" by Sufjan Stevens, Saturday, June 1, 2024 + Pride Month Playlist

It’s time for our annual Pride Month playlist. Headlining this year is Sufjan Stevens with his hipster hit “Video Game.” Last year, Stevens officially came out after years of speculation and artist support through songs from the 2017 film Call Me By Your Name and the single Love Yourself / With My Whole Heart. This year I’m including my usual mix of queer artists and allies. While the corporates may be scaling down their Pride sections this year, I say, now is the time that counts. So many human rights are on the verge of collapse. Today’s the day we say, “I don’t wanna play your video game!”


Check out Pride ‘24 on Spotify.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Photograph" Ed Sheeran, Saturday, February 3, 2024 (updated repost)

“Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry (reworked post), Tuesday, February 27, 2024

"All of Me Wants All of You" (Helado Negro Remix) by Sufjan Stevens, Sunday, February 27, 2022