“INVU” by Taeyeon, Monday, September 30, 2024

Tomorrow I will be changing formats. This is the beginning of the end of The NewYears DayProject as I have started to focus my writing time in a different direction. I will still make playlists and write about songs from time to time. However, I feel like my blog has stagnated and gotten away from my main purpose: enjoying music and exploring how it connects to my life. I will keep posting on this platform until I decide on another. I'm getting a little fed up with how Blogger is stuck in 2014 and the HTML formatting has not been fun. Ultimately, I am starting this new adventure out of envy. I envy the talent of writing and I want to pursue it. Ultimately, I have come to a crossroads: either I continue to pursue research-based "Song a Day" posts which are very time-consuming or I focus on my creative writing. I may settle back on a research-based approach in a different format. But ultimately, I realized that I wasn't writing very well. All of my posts are so quickly researched and written. I give myself two hours a day to write, but it doesn't seem like enough to publish quality content. So starting tomorrow, I will go back to the basics: Playlists. I want to work harder on my playlists to capture an ideal year in life. And then, I'll write about it publically or I'll write about something else. I hope you have enjoyed my blog so far. It's not over yet. It's just realizing its purpose better. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Photograph" Ed Sheeran, Saturday, February 3, 2024 (updated repost)

“Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry (reworked post), Tuesday, February 27, 2024

"All of Me Wants All of You" (Helado Negro Remix) by Sufjan Stevens, Sunday, February 27, 2022