"Waiting for the End" by Linkin Park, Tuesday, May 9, 2023 +AAPI Heritage Month Playlist (Updated Repost)

 Linkin Park's fourth studio album, A Thousand Suns underperformed compared to the band's massive first three albums. The album produced two singles, "The Catalyst" and today's song, "Waiting for the End," but ultimately listeners didn't like the album as most of the songs were not catchy. I always want to dig deeper into this album and its themes, but today, I wanted to introduce my AAPI Heritage Playlist, so I chose the most pop-oriented song on A Thousand Suns. If you want more information on the music theory behind this album, I'll link to The Discographersan excellent podcast that explores the discography of Linkin Park in one of their seasons. 

MY MOUTH KEPT MOVING AND MY MIND WENT DEAD.  May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month in the United States, and I wanted to make a playlist that recognized some of the amazing talent by AAPI musicians. As with my other lists, I realize that making lists like this can be problematic. How do you determine what fits and what doesn't? All I can offer is a humble apology if this list offends, and I'm here to listen to the debate. I've gone through several iterations of this list and may continue to edit it throughout the month. I cut the list at 31 songs with (technically) one song per artist. I gave preference to songs I blogged about; however, I wanted to highlight American artists because it's an American observance. I also decided to highlight bands that feature musicians of Asian heritage rather than every member having to be of Asian decent. Here's the playlist:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry (reworked post), Tuesday, February 27, 2024

“A Voice in the Violence” by Wolves at the Gate, Tuesday, May 14, 2024

"My Secrets Have Secrets Too" by Search the City, Sunday, August 1, 2021