“Ojos Marrones” by Lasso ft. Sebastián Yatra, Thursday, June 6, 2024 + Música Española Favorita Playlist

Venezuelan-born, Mexico-City based artist Andrés Vicente de Jesús Lazo Uslar goes by the name Lasso. He’s been recording since 2009, releasing four studio albums. His latest, Eva, was released last year. Teaming up with Colombian singer Sebastián Yatra on a re-recorded version of his hit “Ojos Marrones” as a bonus track on Eva. I instantly connected with the song’s forlorn guitar which plays throughout the song. The atmosphere of the song reminded me of both Deas Vail’s “Wake Up and Sleep” and Taylor Swift’s Speak Now Vault version “I Can See You,” on which Jack Antonoff plays a guitar in a similar, mysterious way. The slight rasp of Lasso’s voice brings the melancholy romantic lyrics to life. This is the first Spanish language song I’ve blogged about. I’ve been getting into some Spanish songs lately, so today I’m going to make a playlist of some of my recent finds. I hope you enjoy them too. 


Check out the playlist on Spotify.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Photograph" Ed Sheeran, Saturday, February 3, 2024 (updated repost)

“Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry (reworked post), Tuesday, February 27, 2024

"All of Me Wants All of You" (Helado Negro Remix) by Sufjan Stevens, Sunday, February 27, 2022