"Bad Love" by Key + 2022+:AppleMusic Edition, Sunday, June 12, 2022

This is certainly a gimmick to publish more content, but I was listening to 2022+ on Spotify on Friday and on a lark, I thought that I really wanted the AppleMusic version. Also, it's been half a year since I talked about the playlist directly, and it's undergone quite a bit of alteration since then. I tried to arrange the songs into a cohesive playlist, but when I'm working with different genres, it's a little hard. Also, I made a few deliberate choices to change the songs to offer more variety to the playlist. So instead of "Sine from Above," I included "Babylon" by Lady Gaga. I hope AppleMusic listeners enjoy this list. Maybe a YouTube list is next instead of a repost from last year.



1. "Bad Love" by Key is today's song. It's an infectious dance song that I wrote about last year. It's worth a repeat. 
2. "Shivers" by Ed Sheeran 
3. "Babylon" by Lady Gaga
4. "Sometimes" by MUNA
5. "Licht" by Nena
6. "As It Was" by Harry Styles. I might do an album of the year ranking in December. I wonder where Harry's House will land?
7. "Wildest Dreams" by Taylor Swift. It's been surprisingly silent from Swift's camp this year so far. Taylor's version of "Wildest Dreams," though makes us wonder if an updated 1989 is on the way.

8. "Type Three" by Anberlin. Anberlin recorded and released reworked versions of all of their seven records during lockdown. The band is said to have new music coming out soon.
9. "Monsters" by All Time Low ft. Demi Lovato and blackbear
10. "Zombie" by Watashi Wa ft. Anberlin
11. " Follow Me" by Imagine Dragons
12. "The Great Adventure" by Kevin Quinn, Bailee Madison, Jahbril Cook, & the cast of A Week Away. 

13. "Don't Give Up on Us" by Nick Jonas. I think "This Is Heaven" is the best song from Spaceman, but I've included it on so many lists, I decided to give the other track I blogged about a chance to fit in on a playlist.
14. "drivers license" by Olivia Rodrigo
15. "What's It Gonna Be?" by Shura
16. "Dead Weight" by Pvris. Use Me is becoming one of my favorite albums at the moment.
17. "Siren" by Taeyeon
18. "Wasted Nights" by Acceptance
19. "Coffee" by Copeland. A few weeks ago, Copeland announced a symphonic reworking "greatest hits" album and a concert in a cave with a full orchestra. Even though I haven't blogged about this version yet, I thought I'd include it.

20. "Animal" by Kye Kye. The latest from Kye Kye after their lengthy hiatus is rather cynical. The lyrical style is more aggressive on Arya rather than the etherial last two records.
22. "Sinner Dressed in Saint Laurent" by Goody Grace
23. "Cold Heart" by Elton John ft. Dua Lipa. What a weird reworking of “Rocket Man.” 
24. "Video Game" by Sufjan Stevens. When you're a 45-year-old folk singer, why not try to write an electronic pop hit?

25. "High Line" by Tyson Motsenbocker. The opening track to Someday I'll Make It All Up to You is a beautiful acoustic track about a landmark in New York City.
26. "Butter" by BTS
27. "Afterthought" by City of Auburn ft. Stephen Christian
28. "Blinding Lights" by Kurt Hugo Schneider ft. Sam Tsui
29. "Leave Before You Love Me" by Marshmello ft. The Jonas Brothers
30. "I Don't Live Here Anymore" by The War on Drugs. This was the post that kicked off the 2022+ playlist. I've also included it in a playlist called Pseudo-80s.

31. "Easy on Me" by Adele. I blogged about this song last year and this year. It's my favorite Adele song of all, though, I've had a harder time getting into 30 than previous Adele records. 
33. "Dead Flowers" by Demon Hunter
34. "Art & Vida" by Ian Mahan ft. Aaron Marsh
35. "Sprite" by COIN. This band has been making lots of music since the pandemic. This song first appeared on Blue/Green.
36. "Am I the Only One" by SF9
37. "Take My Breath" by The Weeknd

39. "Rose" (English version) by D.O. I've talked about how D.O. might have one of the sexiest voices in K-pop. "Rose" is a sweet ballad. The English version is a little too Americanized, so I'd recommend also listening to the Korean version of this song.
40. "Three Hour Drive" (A Color Show) by Alicia Keys 
41. "love in summer" by george
42. "How Do You Sleep?" by Sam Smith. The song came out in 2019 but was include on the singer's 2020 Love Goes record. It's a different sound from the singers first two records of Gospel-influenced R&B.

43. "My Bad" by Shaun & Advanced ft. Julie Bergan. This track is better in its original Korean-language form, but I included the English version for a mostly English-speaking readership.
44. "River of Music" by Denison Witmer, from his 2020 record American Foursquare.
45. "Me to You" by Tim Be Told
46. "Better Now" by The Juliana Theory. I got reconnected with this band last year. Their 2019 single "Can't Go Home" and this 2020 single have an interesting rhythm that's both a throwback to classic pop-punk and something new.
47. "Lilac" by IU. Dancy IU is never a bad thing.

48. "Higher Power" by Coldplay
49. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Anchor & Braille

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry (reworked post), Tuesday, February 27, 2024

“A Voice in the Violence” by Wolves at the Gate, Tuesday, May 14, 2024

"My Secrets Have Secrets Too" by Search the City, Sunday, August 1, 2021